The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month work placements for young people
It was announced on the 8th July after the Chancellor announced the Kickstart Scheme as part of the Plan for Jobs. Funding available for each job will cover the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus the associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions. There will also be funding available to support young people to develop new skills and to help them move into sustained employment after they have completed their Kickstart funded job.
Through the scheme, you’ll be able to access a large pool of young people with potential, ready for an opportunity. We will initially prioritise young people aged between 16 and 24 who are ready for an opportunity and will be supported by their Jobcentre Plus work coach to enrol in the scheme.
The job placements created with Kickstart funding must be new jobs.
They must not:
- replace existing or planned vacancies
- cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
They must be:
- a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group
- should not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement
All applications should include how you will help the participants to develop their skills and experience with:
- support to look for long-term work
- support with CV and interview preparation
- training to develop their skills, such as team work, organisation and communications as part of the role
The Domestic Cleaning Academy provides an interactive online training course that meets the obligations of the Kickstart scheme to prepare the employee for future work opportunities and can be funded through the £1500 grant you receive per new Kickstart employee.
The Domestic Cleaning Academy is delighted to be working with the Domestic Cleaning Business Network, the leading trade association for domestic cleaners in the UK to provide their members with a 20% discount on all training to ensure that you meet the criteria set by the government. To find out more about the fantastic benefits that becoming a member of the